Useful Knots is a quick reference for a number of most practical knots.
There are hundreds or even thousands of knots out there and each has its specific uses. But in everyday situation average person has no time to learn them or look through all of them and pick the best one. Useful Knots offer a selected list of the best knots for most practical situations.
Knots are categorized by type and each knot has a description and step by step instructions with pictures and guide on how to tie it.

9 responses to “

  1. Thank you for the free app on useful knots. The best I’ve found so far. Like the explanation of uses for, and the instructions. I’ve been having fun doing these knots and find them very useful and entertaining when I have nothing else to do. Great for fishing, boating, camping, hunting, moving, you name it. Keep up the great work you’re doing. I for one, appreciate it.

  2. I’m finding the colour combination makes for difficult viewing. The mottled yellow background just doesn’t work. Otherwise, great descriptions and instructions.

  3. I would like to send you a better version of the trucker knot that I learned back in 1988 when I first started truck driving .

  4. Great app, and simple to follow. New to know tying, and was happy to pay to remove ads. Thanks and keep up the good work.

  5. Hey great app. Judging by the dates of some of the (moronic) feedback, it’s pretty clear there are still ungrateful A@#>oLoles that dont understand the concept of “free” or “grateful”. With that said, I’d like to thank you for a great app that I’ve learned greatly from. From novice to experienced, any user will find value in your knowledge and even app creation skills. I am an experienced sailor and use rope and knots OFTEN at my job, and i STILL learned some new knots that i know will be helpful. Thx again for your generous FREE APP. and please dont listen to the idiot 1% that have nothing better to do but complain and act ungrateful, the other 99% of us appreciate you sharing. Keep up the great work.

  6. I’ve been climbing from 8 to 10 years, around from town to town company to company. Learn a great deal from everybody I work with. I always like learning new things that help me grow as a climber. So I’ve looked for apps to show how to tie knots and several times but not satisfied with the ones I have installed until this app, and then it hit me to your website and I am amazed at the different types of knots I did not know. Thank you for taking the time to create this app and sharing your knowledge. Good luck to you and thank you

  7. I am learning to weave, and the possibilities for knots seem endless. I am celebrating your excellent user interface and finely tuned content after my first experience with your Useful Knots app. Your app should be shared with weaving students everywhere! Some Other Names used by weavers would be very welcome to help us search your content. Thank you for your efforts! I immediately upgraded to Pro.

  8. Excellent app. I over-research almost everything, but I usually end up with something I’m happy with. I looked at all the knot apps I could find and yours was the easiest for me, a beginner who knew nothing more than a granny knot and a square knot. I appreciate the clarity of both the steps and the pictures. Let’s say monthly, I regularly use a bowline, sheet bend, clove hitch, several lashings, adjustable grip hitch (my favorite), and some stopper knots. Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.