1. Make loop in one of the ropes. Bring other rope under.
2. Bring it around the loop.
3. Then tuck under itself.
4. Bring rope around again and tuck under again.
5. Pull ends to tighten.
The Double Sheet Bend is an effort to make the Sheet Bend more secure.
When lines are of unequal diameter or rigidity it is necessary for security to “double” the sheet bend by making
an additional round turn below the first and again bringing the working end back under itself.
More secure than sheet bend.
1. Make loop in one of the ropes.
2. Bring other rope up.
3. Bring it around the loop.
4. Then tuck under.
5. Bring rope around again.
6. Tuck under again.
7. Pull ends to tighten.